The start of July signals the beginning of summer in Burnaby! Whether you are visiting Burnaby for the first time or a regular here, we have created a Summer bucket list to help inspire you for your trip. Check out the ten suggestions below, and let us know on social media what we’ve missed.
- Visit Glenburn Soda Fountain and grab a sundae, milkshake or ice cream sandwich. Don’t forget to snap a picture of Helen, the Swinging Girl neon sign, while you’re there!
- Rent a canoe, kayak or rowboat for Deer Lake Boat Rentals, and take in Deer Lake from a whole new view- on the water!
- BYOB (bring your own bike, that is), and check out one of Burnaby’s urban bike trails (marked by orange on the map).
- What is summer without a beach day? Pack a picnic – and don’t forget the sand toys- and visit Barnet Marine Park
- Take in some art at Burnaby Art Gallery– the current feature exhibit is Lyse Lemieux: Trespassers/ Intrus
- Summer learning should be fun! Visit the Burnaby Village Museum, an interactive museum that looks like a 1920’s village and is spread over 10 acres to find out about Burnaby’s past!
- Looking for a challenge? Hike up Burnaby Mountain, and catch a sunrise- or sunset- while exploring Kamui Mintara (located off the Trans-Canada trail)
- Update your summer wardrobe at Metropolis at Metrotown, The Amazing Brentwood, or The City of Lougheed.
- Take a ride on Burnaby Central Railway – an outdoor, miniature ride-on train
- Visit one (or all) of Burnaby’s three breweries for a tasting- check out our post for more details!
Don’t forget to share your photos on social using #burnaby365 to be featured!