16jul7:00 pm9:00 pmSymphony in the Park featuring the VSO7:00 pm - 9:00 pm Deer Lake Park Festival LawnEvent Type :EVENTS,FESTIVALS,MUSIC,SUMMER
This year’s 33rd anniversary performance of Symphony in the Park will transport listeners to other worlds, whether it’s the gritty streets of New York (Leonard Bernstein’s West Side Story), the
This year’s 33rd anniversary performance of Symphony in the Park will transport listeners to other worlds, whether it’s the gritty streets of New York (Leonard Bernstein’s West Side Story), the story of an alien visitor (Adventures on Earth (Theme from E.T.) by John Williams) or one of the greatest love stories of all time (Tchaikovsky’s Romeo & Juliet – Fantasy Overture).
Come early for free family activities, bring a blanket or chair and a picnic and settle in for a wonderful evening with the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra.
Just a reminder that parking in the vicinity is limited, so alternate transportation is recommended.
- 2-7 pm: Musical Play Zone—Try your hand at traditional Chinese instruments, plus a colouring station!
- 5:30-6 pm: Prelude Concert featuring the VSO School of Music’s Azalea Chinese Music Ensemble
- 7 pm: Main Concert with the VSO led by Maestro Otto Tausk
- Oh Canada
- Bernstein: Candide: Overture
- Bernstein: West Side Story, Selections (Mason)
- Williams: Adventures on Earth (Themes from E.T.)
- Donkin: Hopewell Cape
- Stravinsky: Firebird: Berceuse and Finale
- Smetana: Ma Vlast: No. 2 The Moldau (Vltava)
- Tchaikovsky: Romeo & Juliet Fantasy-Overture
- Tchaikovsky: 1812 Overture (with cu
What to bring:
- Lawn chairs
- Refillable water bottles
- Dress for the weather – jackets, hats, suncreen and sunglasses
- Outside food is permitted
Leave it at home:
- Large tents, tarps, umbrellas, or other items that will block the view of others
- Pets (working dogs permitted)
- Barbeques or fires
- Professional video or audio recording devices
(Saturday) 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm