St. Francis de Sales in Burnaby is hosting one of the biggest events in the neighbourhood this spring. This free, 5-hour event will be in May featuring
St. Francis de Sales in Burnaby is hosting one of the biggest events in the neighbourhood this spring.
This free, 5-hour event will be in May featuring a variety of activities for all ages to enjoy, with live entertainment that includes Zumba dancing, music performances and attractions featuring Pony Rides (yes the real one!), Wipe Out, Velcro Wall, Car racing, and many more. There is also over $1500 worth of raffle prizes to be given away.
Here’s what to look out for this year:
- Live Entertainment
- This will include Zumba dancing by Mayu Nomura where people can follow along while she teaches the dance steps, Music by Crystal Arts Academy, Youth for Christ Band and violin soloist Karl Puno. Cultural dances of Philippines with Modern Tinikling, Punjab with Bhangra and Rancho’s Portuguese dancing.
- Handcrafted Arts and Crafts
- The event will feature handmade artisans, crafters and bakers whose products are made by local small businesses from different areas in Lower Mainland. Featured vendors are: Aprons 4 Africa, Eunoia Naturale, Highest Evolvement, Spooky Bootique, Kaye Bakes and New Zealand Butter Cookies. Their products are unique and were carefully crafted which will be perfect for gifts or a special treat for yourself.
- Attendees can also check the booths of the event sponsors which includes : Refresh Evolution South Burnaby, Plato Filipino, Mylen Almendarez Realtor, Artron Laboratories, Gina Bactol Mortgage Architect and Jienelyn Manalo-Dimatatac Entrepreneur. This event also received funding from the Festivals Burnaby – City of Burnaby Neighbourhood Events Grant.
- Kids and Teens Activities
- Children and teens will have the time of their lives with the various activities, attractions and games designed for them. Make sure the kids wake up early as they don’t want to miss the story time with Cat in the Hat. Make sure to bring your cowboy hats and put them on as you ride Laughing Stock Ranch’s calm and gentle ponies.
- Wipe Out, Velcro Wall, Obstacle Course and Slides will surely entertain the young and young at heart. You will also find the 360 Photobooth in the middle of the attractions to ensure that the fun and memories with your family and friends are captured. If you want to participate in the games, you need to purchase a punch card with 20 stamps for $25. Good news is you can pre-purchase the punch cards at a discounted rate of $20 through this link: https://forms.gle/jcna4WNFahsivgbZ8
- Additionally, the fair will have some of the popular food trucks available, with a variety of options to choose from. Japadog, Shameless Buns, Tin Lizzy Concessions, Mama’s Fish and Chips and Plato Filipino will all be there.
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Rene Memorial Park
6961 Sperling Ave, Burnaby, BC V5E 2W5