17jul7:30 pm9:00 pmOpera in the Park7:30 pm - 9:00 pm Deer Lake Park Festival LawnEvent Type :CULTURE,EVENTS,MUSIC,SUMMER,THEATRE
New in 2022 will be the inaugural performance of Opera in Park featuring classics from your favorite movies including Habanera in Carmen by Georges Bizet, Nessun Dorma from Turandot by
New in 2022 will be the inaugural performance of Opera in Park featuring classics from your favorite movies including Habanera in Carmen by Georges Bizet, Nessun Dorma from Turandot by Giacomo Puccini and O Fortuna from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff.
There will also be fun activities for families including an orchestra petting zoo, balloon twisters, face painting stations, a costume station, and various fun costumed performers roaming the site ready to pose for pictures and entertain.
Selections include music from The Godfather, The Simpsons, and Mission Impossible! Don’t forget your blankets and lawn chairs! Please leave your large tents/umbrellas at home.
Arrive early! Parking is limited.
- When: Sunday, July 17, 2022
- Location: Deer Lake Park, Burnaby (6450 Deer Lake Ave)
- Activities: 1 PM
- Opera in the Movies: 7:30 PM
- Cost: FREE
- Refreshments: Outside food is permitted. Food trucks will be on-site.
- Bugs Bunny: Overture, The Barber of Seville
- Dumb and Dumber: Hallelujah Chorus, Messiah
- Sex and the City & Tomb Raider: Flower Duet, Lakmé
- House of Gucci: The Humming Chorus, Madame Butterfly
- Quartet: Bella figlia dell’amore, Rigoletto
- 300 & Cheaper by the Dozen: O Fortuna, Carmina Burana
- Sunday, Bloody Sunday: Soave sia il vento, Così fan tutte
- The Godfather: Brindisi (The Drinking Song), La Traviata
- The Simpsons: Habanera, Carmen
- Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation: Nessun dorma, Turandot
- The Godfather Part III: Intermezzo, Cavalleria Rusticana
- Hopscotch: Non più andrai, Le Nozze di Figaro
- Match Point: Caro nome, Rigoletto
- Gallipoli: Au fond du temple saint, The Pearl Fishers
- Match Point: Va pensiero, Nabucco
(Sunday) 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm