Tourism Burnaby is seeking applications for four (4) volunteer Director positions for their Board of Directors.
Tourism Burnaby is a sector-focused destination marketing and resource organization that develops, promotes and assists in the city’s tourism growth through innovative community, regional and partner programs.
Tourism Burnaby is a non-profit destination marketing organization whose purpose is to support tourism promotional activities in order to increase visitation to the city. As part of its mandate, Tourism Burnaby is responsible for marketing, promoting, and selling the city for corporate meetings, pleasure travel, cultural, sports and special events.
- Executive-level work experience and expertise in one of the following sectors:
- Large scale retail shopping centres
- Post Secondary Education
- Sport organizations or venues
- A commitment to community-wide tourism development in Burnaby.
- Strategic-level business planning and decision-making skills.
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to represent Tourism Burnaby externally.
- Abilities and skills for special tasks, such as advocacy, marketing, sustainability, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion practices.
Attendance at approximately eight (8) Board meetings per year, in addition to Committee meetings and tourism industry events and engagements, is expected.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2S+, veterans, and people with disabilities.
Please submit a current resume, along with a cover letter specifying how you will contribute to the development of tourism in Burnaby to [email protected]
The application deadline is Friday, March 3rd, 2023.
Interviews and final selection are expected to be completed by Friday, April 28, 2023.